The Ultimate Guide to Increase Your VA Disability Rating.

Hi there, Allen Gumpenberger back with yet another blog post to enlighten you (or you’re retired loved one) on VA Disability. It is one of the most important subjects and questions that many veterans have in mind, how can I Increase Your VA Disability Rating?

You’ve put your life and health on the line for your country, so there’s nothing worse than not getting the compensation you deserve.

Yet watching your family get the pointier end of the stick as they bear the complete weight of your transition to civilian life and personal welfare.

But the good news is…

That is going to be totally under your Control after you finish this article.

Especially if whatever compensation you’re getting right now from the VA (Veteran Administration) isn’t nearly enough to manage your rapidly deteriorating health and its consequences.

If you’re reading this, then you’re already familiar with what a VA Disability Rating is, and probably getting a monthly stipend. But over time, your situation has worsened along with the costs of managing it.

So to infuse some comfort and happiness back into your life, I’ll show you how to get more pay by increasing your VA Disability rating.


How To  Increase Your VA Disability Rating


Instead of waiting for the VA to miraculously come to your aid, here are three (3) ways other veterans like you are presently getting more pay to better care of themselves and their conditions;


Make an Official VA Rating Increase appeal


Your initial claim and the compensation that comes with it doesn’t bar you from filing a fresh complaint to the VA requesting for an increase in your rates based on new developments in your conditions.

Unknown to most veterans, you have up to a year from the date of your previous Rating and Payment notification to file a Notice Of Disagreement under the Appeals Modernization Acts (so don’t worry about breaking protocol or rank)

These appeals could either be asking for another review by a more rating specialist if you feel it wasn’t done properly called a Higher-Level Appeal.

 And could also involve providing new medical evidence of your deteriorating health since the initial review or appealing directly to the board of Veteran Administrations. Called Supplementary Claims & Notice Of Disagreements respectively.


File a Claim


If you just found this article and realize it’s been more than a year since your last rating notification was received and can’t file a Notice Of Disagreement as discussed above…


Don’t panic. You’re still in the clear.


How? You can still file a claim to the VA office to have your ratings increased by submitting New medical evidence (private medical results included) showing that your service-connected disability has worsened in recent times.

What follows this is a Compensation & Pension exam (C&P) which I’d advise you don’t miss under any circumstance to ensure your claim is not denied.

The form for this claim is an Application for Disability Compensation and Related Compensation Benefits (VA Form 21- 526EZ)


File for TDIU and 100 Rating Compensation


If you have a service-connected disability that has rendered you completely unemployable then you might be eligible for a Total Disability Based On Individual Unemployability (TDIU) benefit.

 Filing and getting this gives you access to get the equivalent pay for having a 100% VA Disability Rating even if your disability rating score doesn’t add up to a 100


PS: You’re eligible for this if you have a disability rating of at least 60% or more than one service-connected disability that adds up to at least 70%. Pretty amazing right!?

 The necessary form to get this claim if it applies to you or a loved one is the VA Form 21-8940: Veteran’s Application Based on Unemployability.


Closing Remarks

 At this point, getting lower benefits than you deserve will simply be a choice. You and your family deserve better, and the transition for rest of you or your loved one shouldn’t be more difficult than it should be.

If you need any help processing your options or have a unique case somehow not mentioned in this post, then contact me right now by sending an email. I’d be honored to help!

Go claim that PAY!